This is what I get for trying to play god, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I started a new save, single sim, the usual normal gameplay. Then, I get the bright, yet slightly creepy idea of adding a Sim version of myself and real life on-again-off-again fling into the town as boyfriend-girlfriend and let story progression do what it does. To feel less weird about it, I used names similar to ours, but different enough. I placed them in the neighboring house to keep an eye on them, without interfering, focusing on my unrelated sim.

I kept an eye on the Story Progression notifs. Day one, simself and bf pushed into jobs. Simself decided to pursue music, “bf” joined the business career. Day two, nothing worth noting.

Day 3. Day THREE! Story progression notifies me that “BF” and Zelda Mae have been flirting. My jaw hit the ground, but I was definitely expecting his sim to do such a thing. I was still entertained, at least. But a few minutes later!! Another notification! “Simself” and “Bf” have broken up!! We didn’t even last 3 sim days.

They remained living together but I decided to do something creepy again and placed one of my best friends/ex into the world and see if we ended up together. Placed him in the house across the street.

Notified by story progression two sim days later that Ex has began dating Zelda Mae!! And they visit each other every night.

Then I got an Error 12 for this save, closed the game and haven’t played since. All in less than a Sim week.

submitted by /u/kawinskis
[link] [comments] false