For those of you who have seen my previous post, you'll know that I recently became a victim of hood corruption, as my Strangetown has refused to open since April 1st (cruel joke, I know). According to a user, who kindly provided me with a fixed version of my hood to play (thank you Mysterious_Potential!), this is a common issue with Mac Super Collection, and is bound to happen again, unless I switch to playing Windows (currently searching how to get Parallels for my M1 Mac). However, I decided to open the fixed hood on Mac, just to see what would happen.

She's well and truly screwed it seems. Opened the last lot I played (belonging to Pascal and Nervous), to find Pascal's carpool parked outside with the driver stood completely motionless outside of the vehicle (pretty sure that's not meant to happen). I deleted both the car and driver with the move objects cheat in buy mode, and carried on as normal.

When Nervous takes his cheap car to work with him, a couple Sims days later, I find this random black Lamborghini looking car in his driveway. Absolutely no idea where it came from, but the game said that it belonged to him, despite him leaving for work with his actual car. I end up having to sell this phantom car, because Nervous wasn't able to park up in the driveway, otherwise.

I ended up saving and exiting the game, out of curiosity, to see whether it would work after this. Upon hitting save, the back of the lot was consumed by this black void. I wasn't able to open Strangetown again after this, so I had to replace this newly corrupted version of the hood with the fixed version that Mysterious_Potential provided, and re-do about an hour's progress (no big deal).

I reopened the lot, and not only is the carpool driver idling outside the lot again, but the black void remained, though only at night. When Nervous goes back to work in his car, once again the black Lamborghini appears on his driveway.

I decided to quit without saving, and upon my next return to the game, forced the two to move house, incase there was an issue with the lot itself. The new lot has absolutely no issues with idling carpool drivers, phantom Lamborghinis or black voids whatsoever, but this means nothing, because my Strangetown once again refuses to open.

I honestly didn't realise that phantom Lamborghinis were a sign of corruption, but it's truly iconic.

I will now be switching to windows, where this madness hopefully stops.

submitted by /u/VeryFroggers
[link] [comments] false